ads new

new2

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Real Chance of Love Star Ahmad Givens Dies at 33

Ahmad Givens – known to fans of VH1's Real Chance of Love as "Real" – has died after a long battle with colon cancer. He was 33. 

"By [sic] to my favorite guy in this whole world be in peace we love you forever bro I'll see you one day soon we shall dance again in God's kindom forever and ever bro words can't describe my pain world pray for me!" Givens' brother Kamal – a.k.a. "Chance" – posted on Instagram Saturday morning. 

Givens and his brother Kamal had been contestants on VH1's I Love New York in 2007. The next year, the brothers went on to star on their own reality dating show Real Chance of Love for two seasons. 

In 2013, Givens was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. 

"That day was very surreal. I felt like I was dreaming," Givens said in a interviewat the New York Life 2014 National Cultural Markets Conference last year. "It felt unreal all the way up until I had to do chemo." 

"I remember I was laying on the hospital bed and the doctor came in crying and when I saw her crying I knew it was something serious," he said of the moments before he was informed that he had stage 4 colon cancer that had spread to his liver. "My doctors thought I had, like, three days to live so they just zapped me with chemo. I left out of there with my veins burning and everything." 

Givens said after surgery, the tumors spread to the left side of his brain, leaving him partially paralyzed on the right side of his body. 

"I had to learn how to walk again and everything," explained Givens, who said that radiation successfully eradicated the brain tumor. "I just have faith in God, man." 

Givens also said he had a few things helping him keep going through his long battle. 

"Number one is the will to live. I love life. And my little boy, man. That kid loves me to death," Givens said of he and his wife Racquel's son Madhi. "I grew up in a neighborhood where African-American boys didn't have their fathers in the house and I always told myself, 'When I get married one day and have kids, [I'm] going to be there for my kids and that's a vow that I made and that's a vow that I plan on keeping and that's what keeps me fighting." 

"For my son, I want him to know that his father did everything that he could to provide the best life for him. That his father was there for him, that his father was honest," added Givens. "Through my son my legacy will continue."

No comments:

Post a Comment

info

infoo